Due Diligence Field Exam
Virtually all asset appraisals by Hilco Valuation Services include a comprehensive on-site visit and physical inspection of the assets being appraised, mostly inventory or machinery and equipment.
Visual Field Exam
Our appraisers look at the age and condition of the assets, evaluate obsolescence, and consider all other factors which could affect marketable value:
- In retail environments: how well the inventory is balanced regarding selection and depth, whether the inventory properly targets intended customers, and how effectively the goods are merchandised
- In a manufacturing or process plant: the observable general conditions and capabilities of machinery and equipment, as well as make, model, serial numbers, age, and special requirements for removal and/or installation
- In a distribution setting: how factors such as order cancellation rates, year-over-year future order rates, reworks, and inventory storage affect the business
The team typically makes a pictorial record of the assets, either by video or photography, to facilitate the sharing of information with other Hilco Global experts as part of an appraisal peer review process.
Unmatched Information …
… Real World Experience
Hilco Valuation Services delivers nearly 1,200 real estate appraisals annually. We are experienced in valuing agricultural land, food processing, warehousing and distribution facilities, and retail owned and leased facilities.
- Over 8,000 manufacturing and warehouse facilities visited
- Over $130 billion of retail and consumer products inventory appraised overall
- In the past two years, high-tech inventory and M&E appraisals involving on-site inspections of more than 110 facilities
- More than 300 automotive inventory and machinery and equipment (M&E) appraisals with asset values ranging from $2 million to $1.5 billion
- Over 600 chemical processing asset appraisals with asset values ranging from $500,000 to $1.3 billion.
- In forestry and lumber, more than 500 inventory, M&E, intangibles and real estate appraisals with asset values ranging from $500 thousand to $1 billion
- Nearly 2,000 plastics industry M&E, inventory, intangibles and real estate appraisals, with asset values ranging from $100 thousand to $1 billion
Reliability and Integrity
Gain complete confidence in the due diligence field examinations for your appraisals. Contact Jim Glickman at firstname.lastname@example.org to discover how Hilco Valuation Services can deliver for you.
Our unmatched global experience in buying and selling assets...
...translates into the industry’s most accurate appraisals.