Associate Valuation Specialist – Transaction Advisory
Hilco Enterprise Valuation Services is a newer and fast-growing division of Hilco Valuation Services. We help both healthy and distressed companies, and in the present business environment have a solid pipeline for years to come. We’re looking for an Associate to support senior professionals as outlined in the Responsibilities and Focus below. This person will have experience with valuation and/or financial due diligence procedures and analysis.
This is an opportunity to utilize your analysis, project management, and analytic abilities to ensure that our projects are managed to successful completion.
As a Hilco representative, the candidate will never compromise on integrity and must understand the importance of fair dealing, personal responsibility and client loyalty.
Responsibilities and Focus
- Prepare and execute work plans for transactions, including evaluating written valuation processes and procedures, conducting periodic reviews of the valuation framework, and evaluating the overall fairness and consistent application of the valuation policies
- Perform in-depth analysis of valuation issues and communicate findings to senior stakeholders
- Provide management with valuation updates and partner with various business units to enforce valuation control
- Perform reliability checks/due diligence on third-party pricing providers, review of single sources, threshold testing, validation of manager overrides, back-testing and documentation of exceptions
- Perform valuation analysis on investments broadly distributed across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Review financial models such as DCF, market comparable, market transaction and Black-Scholes
- Liaise with colleagues across the firm to better understand and document rationale and evidence of fair value
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Minimum of 2-3 years of applying and reviewing valuation models including: DCF, comparable company, forecasts and various derivatives models
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of various financial products including derivative contracts, dealer traded securities and ASC 820 fair value hierarchy
- Knowledge of various software applications including Bloomberg, MS Excel (including graphing), CaapitalIQ, etc.
- Comfort interacting with those who possess intense product knowledge but also with those who are relatively unfamiliar with those products, to effectively bridge understanding
- Demonstrated ability to connect, collaborate and communicate effectively
- Performance mindset – both “do” job and “improve” job
Hilco Valuation Services (hilcovaluationservices.com) is one of the world’s largest and most diversified business asset appraisers and valuation advisors to companies, their lenders, their investors and professional service advisors. It provides services in a wide range of asset classes, including inventory, accounts receivable, machinery and equipment, real estate, intellectual property and full business enterprises.
Hilco Valuation Services has delivered valuations for all industries and provides other services including asset-based field examinations, financial reporting, property tax consulting, transaction diligence, operations consulting and litigation support. Unique to Hilco Valuation Services is the ability to affirm asset values through proprietary market data obtained from the worldwide asset disposition and acquisition experiences of Hilco Global.