Hilco Valuation Services (www.hilcovaluationservices.com) is one of the world’s largest and most diversified business asset appraisers and valuation advisors to companies, their lenders and professional service advisors. It provides services in a wide range of asset classes, including inventory, machinery and equipment, real estate, and enterprise valuation. From aerospace and financial services to retail and energy to healthcare and technology, Hilco Valuation Services has delivered valuations for all industries and provides other services including financial reporting, enterprise planning and litigation support. Unique to Hilco Valuation Services is the ability to affirm asset values through proprietary market data obtained from the worldwide asset disposition and acquisition experiences of Hilco Global.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is a true self-starter and prefers a lesser amount of micromanagement. You will be part of our dynamic Machinery and Equipment team that is composed of highly ambitious and driven people, along with excellent leadership. You will have a strong internal motivation, and thrive within a fast-paced, complex, and deal-driven environment.
- Communicate with clients and company contacts to understand scope of project
- Visit client sites (most post COVID) and conduct introductory meetings
- Conduct inspection/inventory review, and catalog machinery and equipment in facility
- Research and value machinery and equipment
- Work with Hilco M&E Leadership, utilizing Hilco Valuation Services methodologies to create comprehensive and detailed findings reports
- 3 years commercial M&E appraisal experience
- Excellent time management, project management, presentation, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong desire to be an integral member of a high performing team
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office and project management and tracking software
- Preferable to have membership(s) to American Society of Appraisers (ASA), Association of Equipment and Machinery Appraisers (AMEA), and/or Equipment Appraisers Association of North America (EAANA).
- Preferable to have passed the USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) exam
- Ability to travel domestically approx. 25% or more of the time often with very short notice, post COVID.
Hilco Valuation Services is part of Northbrook, Illinois based Hilco Global (www.hilcoglobal.com), the world’s leading authority on maximizing the value of business assets by delivering valuation, monetization and advisory solutions to an international marketplace. Hilco Global operates more than twenty specialized business units offering services that include asset valuation and appraisal, retail and industrial inventory acquisition and disposition, real estate and strategic capital equity investments.