Hilco Valuation Services, LLC is dedicated to providing the highest level of inventory, machinery and equipment, intangible property and business valuation services to its global clients. We apply thoughtful and thorough analysis, and translate our findings into the most complete appraisals of retail, wholesale, manufacturing and service company assets. Every appraisal reflects our in-depth understanding of the strategies, policies and thinking that guide critical business decisions, all of which can affect asset values.
We provide valuation services covering all the "hard and intangible" asset categories in all industries, especially those which are capital intensive. We also provide total enterprise valuations. Hilco appraisal reports, as used by asset-based lenders, commercial banks, investment banks and private equity groups, provide a reliable basis for structuring loans and other transactions on the value of underlying assets.
Hilco Valuation Services is currently seeking a financial analyst to work in the Consumer Inventory Valuation Group in Quincy, MA. Analyze dozens of companies annually and learn from numerous industry experts.
- Create in depth and dynamic models in excel to analyze and value inventory
- Communicate with high level management at companies being valued
- Work with valuation directors to value inventory under an orderly liquidation scenario
- Perform inventory, sales, gross margin and expense analysis across various companies and industries
- Perform detailed inventory and sales reconciliations
- Interact with managers and valuation directors daily regarding project status
- Work with large databases
- Multi-task and keep organized working documents
- Work well under pressure
- Minimal travel if desired
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 2 years financial analysis experience or accounting-related field
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain complex quantitative ideas to non-technical audiences
- Ability to interface with all levels in the company hierarchy, and build professional relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, including high attention to detail
- Ability to multi‐task in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritize assignments to meet deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under little supervision
- Proactive, self‐motivated with the ability to contribute both independently and as a team member
- Candidates should possess enthusiasm, excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment as well as the desire to work in a team.
- Experience in asset-based or commercial lending or inventory-related fields a plus