Director - Transaction Advisory
Marketing | Northbrook, IL
Hilco Enterprise Valuation Services is a newer and fast-growing division of Hilco Valuation Services. We help both healthy and distressed companies, and in the present business environment have a solid pipeline for years to come. We’re looking for a senior professional to grow and build out the Transaction Advisory function and team. This person will have a strong accounting and pre-transaction work background, know how to get ready to launch transactions, including financial due diligence and quality of earnings, ensuring that the numbers are presentable, capital equity raise, and getting companies ready to go public. This is not an industry specific role.
This is an opportunity to utilize your senior level relationships and highly quantitative abilities to build out our transaction advisory services business. You will partner with Hilco Leadership to drive business development and cross-sell services, along with managing current clients. You will enable investor confidence and ensure clean financial records for optimal investor decision-making with your strong team-leading skills. You will have a high-performance and high-functioning and team to work with to attain the highest quality of financial statement information.
As a Hilco representative, the candidate will never compromise on integrity and must understand the importance of fair dealing, personal responsibility, and client loyalty.
Responsibilities and Focus
- Provide stellar leadership on buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements, managing financial and business due diligence assistance for companies and private equity or debt investors
- Manage and coordinate approach of client, Hilco Enterprise Valuation teams throughout the entire transaction process
- Manage office and field staff to provide real time feedback and guidance to client and diligence providers to help ensure timely and efficient product delivery
- Analyze target company data to identify historical and projected financial and operating trends, quality of earnings and working capital considerations, and potential liabilities and risks which impact valuation and negotiation of the target company
- Create and design client specific transaction advisory reports addressing key issues such as valuation model input assumptions, normalized earnings, achievability of management's budget, and indebtedness considerations
- Lead and participate in business development and people development efforts
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of eight years-experience in one of the following with a Top Ten public accounting firm: accounting, advisory, transaction experience along with five years of experience working for or with financial services clients
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Extensive experience in project management including planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing staff, clients, and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
- Demonstrated ability to drive business development relationships with a deep set of relationships and contacts in the Alternatives Investment Management business to leverage
- Strong current knowledge in one of the following: United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Securities and Exchange Commission financial reporting issues, International Financial Reporting Standards, mergers and acquisitions, or transaction services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Travel required
Please upload your cover letter.